Welcome to Hawkrock Wilderness Adventures
We offer our clients World class Fly-in Fishing and Bear Hunts located just 60 miles south of NWT border between Wollaston and Black Lakes.
Choose from a 5 day Fly-in Fishing or 7 day Bear/Fish Combo.
You will enjoy a 5 day full American plan operation. We can customize your fishing trip to suit everyone’s needs from corporation to family packages.
Here you have the option of fishing 6 different lakes plus the Hawkrock River with no daily flyouts.
- Northern Pike: We have caught pike over 50″. With many bays and weed beds our pike fishing is excellent.
- Arctic Grayling: In the Hawkrock River we fish for Grayling in the fast flowing rapids. Fly fishing for these fish is a total blast.
- Lake Trout: For the laker fisherman we have some lakes that are phenomenal. We have caught Lakers up to 42″.
- Walleye: There are few things tastier than fish pan fried Walleye. Our average catch is 3-5 lbs but we have caught Walleye up to 8 lbs.
- White Fish: You’ll enjoy the fantastic fly fishing.
We have put many bears in both the Pope & Young and Boone & Crockett record books. One was a record book blonde weighing over 475 lbs, and a record book cinnamon over 400 lbs. In 2007 a bear taken was ranked #9 in the world that year. I limit my hunts to a maximum of 12 per year. My personal goal as an outfitter is to put at least 85% of my bears in the book.
We are running very close to 100% opportunity to take a bear. We are set up for bow hunters, but we will take rifle and muzzle loader hunters as well. These bears can be extremely aggressive and are not to be taken lightly because these bears have never seen humans before.
We do all the skinning and freezing of your hides. You can choose to take your bear home with you or use my recommended taxidermist who will ship it to you when done.
Fish & Bear Combos Package
I run 7 day bear/fish combo that has been extremely successful.
During the day you fish and depending on weather conditions, my guides will take you to your stands by boat in the late in the late afternoon or early evening.
All you will say is, “Here is a trip worth taking!”
The #1 rule at Hawkrock is quality not quantity. I take up to a maximum of 6 hunters at a time. At our place you will NOT see any other boats or persons other than your fishing or hunting buddies and my staff.
Our goal is to show you an absolutely great adventure, stress free.